Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Seven Royal Laws of Courtship: Chapter 3

Seven Royal Laws of Courtship
Chapter 3
Tenants of the Third Royal Law of Courtship
    By the grace of Almighty God, I will arrive a the marriage altar prepared to fulfill my responsibilities as a marriage partner.
The Prepared Young Man
Before a young man marries, he should be able to honestly say three things . . .
  1. I am prepared to lead.”
  2. I am prepared to leave.”
  • Genesis 3:24
  1. I am prepared to provide.”
  • Luke 14:28

The Prepared Young Woman
Before a young lady marries, she should be able to honestly state three things . . .
  1. I am prepared to follow my husband.”
  • Ephesians 5:22
  1. I am prepared to help my husband accomplish what God has called him to do.”
  • Genesis 2:18
  1. I am prepared to manage a new household , to be the 'keeper' of our home.”
  • 1 Timothy 5:14
  • Titus 2:4-5
5 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married Right Out of High School
  1. Is that one you are considering conformed or transformed?
  2. Can you really live on love?
  3. Is this decision really about God's perfect will or your own sense of insecurity?
  4. Will you regret missing your “thirteenth year” (1 year of Bible college)?
  5. How different will you look on this decision in three years?

Marriage is a Lifelong Commitment
Before you consider getting married right out of high school, consider the vows you would have to make to your spouse.

A Husband's Vow to His Bride
I (groom's name) take thee (bride's name) to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish, till death do us part.”

A Bride's Vow to Her Husband
I (bride's name) take thee (husband's name) to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish and obey, till death do us part.”

Numbers 30:2 “If a man vow a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment